Whatever you dream to do, be sure to do it well.

Monday, December 10, 2012

Speak to Your Dreams

Happy Monday! I hope you all had an awesome weekend. If you didn’t, that’s okay. You can be happy today because yesterday is gone and never coming back. Let’s press forward together. (Please don't mind my random photos.)

A picture I took of the Haedong Yonggung Temple in Busan, SK

What’s the post for today? Doing it well. :)

We find great intrinsic reward in putting our whole heart into a project because it’s ours; it’s our creation; it’s our baby and we want to see it grow. And grow it will if we nurture, nourish, and gently guide it to it’s highest potential. We encourage and support at points of inspiration, and refocus and recharge when everything is in the pits. You may think me crazy for saying that we can encourage our projects, but it is possible! Talk to your piece of writing, art, movie, new venture, or whatever it is and give it strength. “You’re going to be awesome!” “Your potential is limitless!” “I believe in you so don’t be afraid. I won’t abandon you!” It creates and cements an intimate bond between you and your project that no one can sever.

Aren't these little guys cute?
Bring it back down to earth. I’m quite aware that some projects won’t work or fly despite how much effort we expend, and we need to be wise enough to set them aside and move on with new ones. It’s not so much the current project you’re forming a bond with, but rather your dream. And if you don’t know what your dream is, that’s okay too. Sometimes it’s a hard thing to find or uncover. Don’t be discouraged because a dream rests inside each of us. I’ll be sure to post some links that I think will be helpful in finding your dream. I think it has a lot to do with being more in tune with yourself and raising your self-consciousness. Maybe I’ll add links on that too! It’s endless.   

Please don’t mistake doing something well with perfectionism. Perfectionism stifles, cramps, and inhibits meaningful transformation. Static dreams benefit very little, especially you. Like everything in our universe, we want our dreams to be in motion and change into something better, more surprising, and wonderful. We want our dreams to stay infinite.

I've been writing stories since I was eight years old, and it brings me such immense joy and pleasure to work on a story. At the same time, I want to produce great writing so I pour an equal amount of energy into researching and learning how to write well and improve my  craft. My focus doesn't end there. I want to transform my writing into something uniquely mine, and thus contribute a piece of my heart and soul to the world.

I'm sure we've all heard it countless times that it's all been done before. But guess what? Just as each human has a unique set of fingerprints (even identical twins), we all have a unique imprint on the creative process. It takes time, hard work, and much love and dedication to find and grow that unique imprint. When we create, we don't want to make replicas of what has been done before, but rather learn from the past and transform into something that is ours. And that's what Do it WELL is about: transformation. 

How about you? How do you do well whatever you do?

Thanks for reading,

CSS :)

P.S. I have not forgotten about completing the rest of ESPER. E and R are on their way soon! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that perfectionism stifles creativity. I also agree with your point that even though everything may have been done before, it hasn't been done OUR way.

Unknown said...

Hi Janna! Thanks for your response. I feel it's great to know that everyone has something unique they can create. :)